Builder of digital products and experiences.
I’m a designer with over 10 years of experience in solving problems for digital interfaces across different platforms.
Experienced in designing for iOS, Android, Mac OS & Windows native applications. Though I have a soft spot for web applications.
Socrates Spyros Kolios socrateskolios.com
Resume & work experience- Print / Download this Resume -
NN/G Certified digital product designer.
Specialising in interaction design, usability testing and design systems.
Lead Product Design Consultant Remote ❘ 2021 ‐ Present
Working with Ki to help create the first fully digital and algorithmically driven syndicate.
- Performing UX/UI audits of the current platform.
- Working closely with product owners and project managers to identify priority items and setup the roadmap for Ki's new initiatives and features.
- Doing full discovery, research and design on Ki's new platform.
- Performing user tests and improving core features of the product through a design thinking iterative approach.
Principal Product Designer Remote ❘ 2020 ‐ 2021
Joined Qatalog early on its journey towards becoming the all-in-one remote working operating system and project management platform.
- Worked through the end-to-end design processes of new product features and its iterations.
- Supported design and development throughout a successful first launch phase.
- Conducted user research and setup the processes for a UX culture with regular user testing.
- Managed, developed and standardised the Mosaiq design system.
- Conducted design sprints & iterative design thinking workshops.
- Mentored and supported junior members of the team.
EY | Emerging Technologies, Innovation Hive
Senior Product Designer London, UK ❘ 2018 ‐ 2020
Worked with the firm’s partners and clients within EY’s innovation hub, I helped bring to life revolutionary tax technology solutions through a human-centric approach.
- Using rapid prototyping and design thinking to bring product ideas to life at internal workshops.
- Leading, designing and implementing Innovation Hive's design system and pattern library.
- Collaborating with customers and team members to create an outstanding user experience in an Agile environment.
- Continuously researching and evaluating UI/UX solutions and product features.
- Evangelised UX, coached and encouraged teammates to learn and improve on usability.
Digital Product Designer Remote ❘ 2018 ‐ Present
Working on small & short-term projects for Toptal clients as a digital product consultant and designer.
Senior Product DesignerLondon, UK ❘ 2016 ‐ 2019
Enhanced Livedrive's products across both web and native (iOS / Android & MacOS / Windows) applications. Introduced a UX oriented culture & User Research methodologies.
- Created and implemented a design system to establish consistency across all products.
- Conducted UX Research and workshops to improve features across web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Fully revamped the user experience, accessibility and interface of the iOS and native desktop applications.
- Collaborated with the development teams and introduced lean UX agile methodologies.
We Got POP
UX/ UI Designer London, UK ❘ 2015 ‐ 2016
Performed research and user testing, assessing the usability of the casting platform.
- Administered interviews with stakeholders and early users compiled in a UX strategy.
- Performed user testing for core features of the product.
- Conducted further UX research for POP’s new online desktop application. Including comparative assessments, heuristic reports, survey data and user testing.
Web designer Nottingham, UK ❘ 2013 ‐ 2015
Designed and developed fully responsive product & services websites for a variety of B2B and B2C clients. Responsible for managing clients in an agency environment.
Design & UX
- UI & IxD design
- Lean UX
- User research
- Web development standards
- Accessibility guidelines
- iOS & Material guidelines
- Design systems
- Design thinking
- Invision / Marvel
Front end development
Certifications / Education
Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
Digital Transformation - Certification
University of Sydney
Design strategy: Design thinking for business strategy and entrepreneurship - Certification
Nielsen Norman Group
UX Specialist in Interaction Design - Certification
De Montfort University
BA (Hons) Graphic Design
IPS College of Athens
I/T Networks & Security Diploma
ADPList - Mentor
Mentoring and supporting new members of the design community at ADPList.org.
UAL - Mentor
Mentoring and supporting design graduates as part of University of Arts London mentoring scheme.